This feature will explore what the sourdough explosion meands for bread improvers.
- Publication date: 10 March 2020
- Editorial submissions deadline: 19 February 2020
- Editorial contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
DO IMPROVERS HAVE A ROLE IN ARTISAN BAKING?
With no sign of a slowdown in consumer interest in sourdough-style loaves and other artisan breads, what does this mean for bread improvers?
Key topics will include:
- Is there are role for improvers in an artisan/craft bakery?
- How have bread improvers changed to meet the demands of today’s bakers and consumers?
- What have been the key market changes shaping development of improvers?
- How have demands for cleaner labels impacted development of improvers?
- Has growing consumer interest in the provenance of products – particularly local, artisan breads – prompted some bakers to move away from the use of improvers?
- What trends are expected to shape improvers development in the coming years?