Maintaining margins in the pastries market
British Baker Insight Feature
• Publication date: 1 November 2017
• Editorial submissions deadline: 2 October 2017
• Editorial contact: Chloe Ryan - email@example.com
Weakened supply of butter has put the spotlight on ingredients prices in the pastries category – with stories of European croissant makers struggling to source butter, and costs rising sharply. This article will look at how bakers can maximise margins in the pastries and viennoiseries category.
Topics to be considered should include:
• Ingredients cost increases and how businesses can protect themselves
• Attracting higher prices through premium products and by tapping niche markets including free-from
• Smaller product formats
• Using the most cost-effective recipes
• Minimising waste
Other topics to be covered by this feature
• A look at how glitter and high-gloss finishes have been tipped as big trends in the bakery market.
• How extremes of weather can affect sweet pastry production
• Recent pastry hybrids, such as the croll