Waterloo pizzeria Crust Bros is to launch a brunch menu in collaboration with MasterChef 2016 contestants Billy and Jack.
The ‘Billy and Jack X Crust Bros’ menu, which launches on Saturday 18 November, will feature six pizzas with brunch toppings, dessert pizzas topped with ice cream, as well as coffee and bubbles on tap for those wishing to indulge in an unlimited menu for 90 minutes.
Complete with quirky names, the new brunch pizza menu will include: ‘Avocado Gonna Go My Way’, with avocado, mozzarella, pesto and coriander topped with a Burford Brown egg, and ‘Haters Gonna Hate’ featuring chestnut and porcini mushrooms, cheddar, taleggio, mozzarella and Marmite. ‘Drunk In (Cheese) Love’ is also available with potato, caramelised onion, mozzarella and drunken cheese, which is soaked in wine for the last six months of maturation.
As well as being served in the Waterloo restaurant, the menu will be available to order for delivery via Deliveroo.
Billy and Jack are MasterChef ‘losers’, who teamed up after meeting on the 2016 show.
As Crust Bros, and others are proving, pizza is no longer confined to the lunch and dinner markets. In our latest feature, British Baker explores the opportunity up for grabs in pizza for breakfast.
The complete brunch range comprises:
- My beautiful dark twisted ham-tasy: Porchetta, pancetta, guanciale and lardo with a burford brown egg on a tomato base with mozzarella and a drizzle of truffle oil
- Haters Gonna Hate: Chestnut and porcini mushrooms, cheddar, taleggio, mozzarella and marmite
- Salmon Like You: Smoked salmon, scamorza, capers and crème fraiche
- Drunk in (cheese) love: Potato, caremalised onion, mozzarella and drunken cheese
- (Everything I do) I nduja it for you: Nduja and chilli and on a tomato base with mozzarella with a burford brown (optional)
- Avocado gonna go my way: Avocado, mozzarella, green pesto and coriander with a burford brown (optional)