- Publication date: 19 July 2021
- Editorial submissions deadline: 24 June 2021
- Editorial contact: Jerome.firstname.lastname@example.org
This feature will explore staple breads from around the world and examine their potential to be a hit in the UK. Breads examined will include Shokupan (Japanese milk bread) and conchas from Mexico.
Key areas this article will explore are:
- What types of bread are popular across the world and what are their identifying features?
- What ingredients, particularly the type of flour, are they made from?
- How are they typically served (as a sandwich, a meal accompaniment etc)?
- What potential could these loaves have in the UK and why?
- Have any of them made their ways to UK shelves so far? How successful have they been?