This feature will focus on how Halloween is playing out in the patisserie and afternoon tea markets.
- Publication date: 4 July 2019
- Editorial submissions deadline: 10 June 2019
- Editorial contact: email@example.com
Rather than the ‘cheap and cheerful’ orange-frosted cupcakes, pumpkin-shaped biscuits and marshmallow ghosts, how are pastry chefs spooking up their menus?
Topics this should cover include:
- What flavours, colours and themes are being used to convey the spookiness of Halloween with the refinement consumers have come to expect from a high-end afternoon tea and/or patisserie experience?
- How are treats such as macarons, pastries, eclairs and scones given a spooky makeover?
- How are chefs using the savoury menu items to embrace the theme?
- Theatre and presentation are very much part of the afternoon tea experience. What can be done to add to the experience in this way?
Other topics covered by this feature
The feature will also include high-end Halloween recipes from suppliers and include a gallery of previous Halloween-inspired patisserie items.